Thursday, November 2, 2023

"RV UPDATE" BY MARKZ, 2 NOV

  MarkZ 

 [via PDK]   Comment:  I heard Iraq is applying to the WTO today [11-1-23].  Presumably meeting over the next 3 days.   MarkZ:  They have already applied…they have already been approved for ascension…but, it hasn’t happened…so these 3 days of meetings are very important.  Question:  Don’t they have to change the rate before Iraq joins the WTO?  MarkZ:  That’s what everyone says. This is assumed by almost everybody that Iraq will need to change their rate before they join the World Trade Organization...

 I finally got some chatter from Iraqi contacts today and they did say that things went very well over the weekend (WTO meetings?) and  they expect an announcement in the coming days. I got this from a number of sources- both internationally and domestic.

I have not heard from Iraqi sources in the sandbox yet today…. I know they had high anticipation for the 1st...Comment:  I think it will happen in January.   MarkZ:  I feel it will be much sooner…so much happening...now and all at one time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Next month. A large conference to announce 8 cities as investment opportunities, 20 MAY

  Next month. A large conference to announce 8 cities as investment opportunities {Economic: Al-Furat News} The New Cities Authority at the ...