Friday, May 31, 2024

BANK STORY VIA FREEDOM FIGHTER12 VIA TELEGRAM ROOM, 31 MAY

 @FreedomFighter12  Per your guidance, I'm sharing how my Chase appointment went yesterday 😊...  »

  Hello!  Today (5/28) I had my Chase appointment to open my account and to “establish the relationship”!!!  Never mentioned RV or dinar or foreign currency words.  

No guru breath! 😁 My husband and adult daughter went with me since I use a wheelchair.  We went in and there was no one at the Welcome Desk so the nearest teller asked me if he could help me.  I told him my name and said I had an appointment scheduled with LaToya. 

 We waited for about 10 minutes and a gentlemen approached us.  He said that LaToya was being delayed, he shook our hands and that he could help us.

  He took us into his office in the back and I explained that I wanted to open a savings account.  I asked that my account be made Private and not used for training.  He said my account would only be accessed if I was present or if the bank saw an issue with it.  

(I didn’t go further with it and thought I would address at the exchange.)  We went through all the paper work to open the account.  He had mentioned that all the Chase banks had closed except this one.  We made small talk while he was working on my account. 

 I had mentioned that I’m expecting an inheritance and may be interested in a Private Client Checking Account in the future.  He explained that I would need a minimum of $150k for that account.  He took my money into the front to make the transaction and pick up the paper from the printer.  He came back and put all my papers and receipt in a folder.  He asked if I had any further questions.  I said I did and asked if Chase was “digital”. 

 He was slightly puzzled and asked what I meant.  I told him my existing bank went digital about a year and a half ago and the interface looks different and transactions seem quicker.  He said they have online banking, they conduct business digitally, etc.  I said “Oh yea Chase is a Tier 1 bank”.

  He said yes their regional branch is in Chicago with the main in New York.  I then asked if their wealth management department was in the same building.  He said yes and that I’d need to speak to Chad on the 2nd floor when the time comes.

  I then said “Suppose my family and I want to go to Europe and spend $5000.  Could I get the Euro here?”  He said oh yes we work with foreign currency. 

 He said they would send it out to a 3rd party to get Euro and it would take about 3 days for the transaction.  Before we ended, I said “Oh yea I’ve read where Chase is opening banks in Iraq.” 

 He said “Yes the Iraqi Dinar comes up every year.”  His tone was like he was blowing it off.  I responded with an upbeat “Oh ok”.  

 My husband said at that time he winked at him (I did not see it).  I asked him for a business card.  He reached in his pocket to get one.  My husband asked me if I noticed how he was fumbling getting his card out. 

 Then we stood to leave, he shook our hands and when he shook my husband’s hand, he winked at him again.  We collected our items and left.   

A few interesting notes…

·         Unbeknownst to me, we were working with the Branch Manager/Vice President! 

·         He winked at my husband twice.  When he was winking at my husband, I didn’t see any of it since I was not watching and was at a different height level.


My husband thinks the bank knew “who we were/people with currency” before we came since the Branch Manager helped us vs a teller/banker. 


 I’m not sure.  However, I’m sure our conversation was much different than typical people coming to open an account.  😊

No comments:

Post a Comment

From dictatorship to democracy: Iraq’s 21-year journey after invasion, 20 SEPT

  Shafaq News/ Iraq's path toward democracy is marked by both achievements and daunting obstacles. Two decades after the US-led invasion...