Wednesday, May 29, 2024

With The End Of Her Duties Approaching...Plasschaert: I Thank All Iraqis And My Deep Appreciation For The Cooperation And Support...Long Live Iraq, 29 MAY

 With The End Of Her Duties Approaching...Plasschaert: I Thank All Iraqis And My Deep Appreciation For The Cooperation And Support...Long Live Iraq

Tuesday 28, May 2024 18:59 | Political Number of readings: 181  Baghdad / NINA / The United Nations envoy to Iraq, Jeanine Hennis-Plasschaert, today, Tuesday, sent a message on the occasion of the approaching end of her term in the country, in which she extended thanks and gratitude to all Iraqis.

Plasschaert said in her message, according to a statement by the United Nations Mission in Iraq (UNAMI): “As my term as Special Representative of the Secretary-General in Iraq approaches its end, I would like to express my deep gratitude and appreciation to all Iraqis, especially those I have met and worked with.”

She added, "Over the past five years, I have been repeatedly touched by the generosity and hospitality of a people who have never deviated from their traditions of welcoming a stranger or helping the needy, even if it was at the expense of their comfort or time. I have learned a lot from listening to Iraqi women and men as they recount their history with pride." ".

She pointed out, "Although many faced serious challenges, optimism for the coming days was always bright. They welcomed me and my other colleagues at the United Nations in their cities and homes, and invited us to join them in a meal or event. They did not miss an opportunity to highlight Iraq's rich culture and enormous beauty, and in every way."

Across the country, including the Kurdistan region, countless people of all ages spontaneously shared, again and again, their hopes and aspirations, and I will never forget any of them.”

She continued, "I truly appreciate the professional meetings and discussions we had with a wide range of partners, from civil society representatives, academics, tribal leaders, and religious leaders to local authorities, governorate authorities, national authorities, judges, security officials, and politicians. It goes without saying that their opinions and viewpoints have taught us a lot and guided our work." .

Plasschaert pointed out that "some of these meetings included people who put aside daily differences to find solutions in the critical stages of Iraq. All of these interactions left an indelible impression on me. I cannot overstate our gratitude to the various agencies of the Iraqi government, which facilitated our work, through the efforts "She tirelessly protected the United Nations staff and its operations."

“None of this means that the United Nations has been immune to criticism – some of it justified, some of it simply based on misperceptions about who we are, and what we can and cannot do,” she stressed. “But talking to those who understand the organization’s values ​​and what it stands for was important.” Very productive. As I have said many times, the United Nations does not have a magic wand.

 Ultimately, the balance between conflict and peace, or poverty and prosperity, depends on the political will of countries, but if we can make a difference in people’s lives, it is worth intensifying the work and continuing. In the end, the United Nations has one major priority at its core: to promote peace and prosperity for all – regardless of affiliation, religion, background or race.”

Plasschaert concluded her message by saying, “Once again, I would like to express my deep appreciation and thanks for the generous cooperation and support provided to the United Nations Assistance Mission for Iraq (UNAMI) and the broader United Nations family in Iraq, and to me personally.. Long live Iraq.”/End 8    https://ninanews.com/Website/News/Details?Key=1129285

No comments:

Post a Comment