Saturday, December 23, 2023

"RV UPDATE" BY PIMPY, 23 DEC

 Pimpy 

 Remember the goal is to become a cashless society...Just because they're doing away with the US dollar has nothing to do with them changing the Iraqi exchange rate.  I did say IMO towards the end of the first quarter, the beginning of the second quarter you might see a bump in the Iraqi dinar exchange rate only because of supply and demand.  If they do away with using the US dollar and they start using Iraqi dinar more in country, that's going to strengthen the Iraqi dinar.  Plus there's going be a much larger demand for the Iraqi dinar because the dollar won't be around anymore for them to use...

 With them taking away the US dollar there's some logic to...an increase in Iraqi dinar.  Will they You're not going to see them go 1 for 1...   

Nothing would make me happier than to be wrong about this.  I would love to go, 'Oh, my gosh, everybody was right and I was wrong. Darn.'  As I take my dinar down to the bank...It's not that simple.  There are a lot of hurdles and...precautions countries have to take before you do anything that outrageous with your exchange rate.  The best you can hope for is it goes up in increments...You're not going to see any huge significant change in the Iraqi exchange rate despite the fact they're taking away the US dollar.

No comments:

Post a Comment